This year’s hitchhiker’s wishlist for Christmas and in general is as follows:
1. Colorful markers to make ultra-cool hitchhiking signs
2. Hiking socks. There are never enough new unsmelly, hole-free hiking socks
3. Rip-proof, dirt-proof, and smell-proof backpack. Preferably with an anti-food explosion feature too (I have traumas)
4. Leather hiking boots with cool laces 5. Zero-mass tent with zero-mass stakes. Why is this so heavy?
6. (Related to number 5:) Magic mattress and sleeping bag with spontaneous ‘my own bed’ feature that makes it as comfy as home. A little like that scene in Harry Potter when they enter the tent:
7. Endless supply of cardboard for making hitchhiking signs
8. Audiobooks for learning any language in your sleep like in Dexter’s Lab Omelette du Fromage style:
9. Portable stop any car magnetic field
10. Visas, oh for the love of God, visas!
11. Disappearance of all land borders
12. Friendly immigration officers (oof, wishful thinking)
13. Boat hitchhiking free pass, worldwide
14. A pervert-free world (or an endless supply of pepper spray)
15. Hitchhiking being legal everywhere (except on the highway, that’s just stupid)
16. Genie in a bottle to make all this on my wishlist come true. Or a real Santa!
Do you have any other ideas about what I should put on my wishlist? For next year, of course! Do you think I’m asking for too much? Leave a comment!
The main picture on this post is my hitchhiking sign to the Turkish part of Cyprus (Kıbrıs), by the way.